Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**

Go down 
+2
NJSP 3002
AgtWashington
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AgtWashington
AgtWashington

Monkey

Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** Empty
PostSubject: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:31 pm

**UPDATED**
PARTS STILL AVAILABLE

THIS COMING WEEK I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DIRECT THE MACHINIMA PRACTICES, SO I WANT ALL CASTED MEMBERS TO FIGURE OUT THE FINAL FIGHT SCENE WHEN I RETURN WE WILL BEGIN TAPEING

Recruitment vid
Characters
Recruit – pretty ignorant to the ways of combat, but has promise (Soul)
Default everything, assault rifle, magnum, bubble shield first time armor lock the second, robot arm the second time

Commander Joe – a tough but fair leader, put himself before the team (NJSP 3002)
Full commando, gold visor, DMR, tacpad

Lt. Bradley – team sniper, likes to lighten the mood (AGT WASHINGTON)
Scout Helmet, Mark VI shoulders, scout body, sniper rifle, magnum, bracer

Corporal Drake Hawk- becomes recruits best friend (McVey 4 Sho)
Full odst, DMR, shotty,

Dr Dallas-He fixes the machines and occasional people, but only when he has spare parts (WAR RokkoS)
operator, cqc shoulders, Foil, tacpad, assault rifle, plasma rifle.

Blue Elite-he rides in a ghost (Youngwings)
Zealot

Others
Elites 2 minors, 2 Officers, 1 field Marshall, 1 Ranger Gold

Scene 1
EXT Red base CMD Joe and LT. Bradley stare out twoads BLUE base and through his scope LT. Bradley spots an enemy ghost

Lt.B: Yo we’ve got a purple scooter in bound

CMD J: can you get a clear shot?

Lt.B: That’s a negative, the hill is blocking me, someone is going to have to flush it out

RCT: (from below) I’ll do it! (to himself) All right don’t screw this up like you screwed up the third grade now LETS DO
THIS!!! (Runs up to the top of the base and goes through the teleporter)

CMD J: Who was that?

DH: I believe that was our new recruit

CMD J: Damn it if I lose another recruit on the first day, I’ll be court marshaled.

Lt.B: your acting like this will be the first time.

---CMD J: shut the hell up and help me go after him

Lt. B: can’t we just tell command he never showed up

DH: Nope, we’ve run out of spots to bury our dead recruits

CMD J: I told you, just burn the bodies

DH: Sir, the flaming corpse pile can only get so big before command starts thinking it’s a signal fire

---CMD J: that settles it, CORPRAL! LEUTENIT! Help me give the spunky little bastard some back up, and make sure he’s alive
you’re your both on copse pile duty for a month

Lt.B: I can’t take the smell anymore (runs into teleporter)

DH: I personally like watching the corpse pile, but being on duty with Brad is a nightmare so…*sigh* (goes thru teleporter)

*Pan’s out and fades out, returns from black screen in front of tele, Lt.B is watching the rookie narrowly escape the blue ghost over and over again, DH walks through the teleporter*

DH: how’s he doing?

Lt.B: Better than I thought,

CMD J: HEY ROOKIE! ARE YOU GUNNA KILL THAT THING? OR ARE YOU JUST GUNNA PLAY HOP SCOTCH ALL DAY?

Recruit: I’m out of ammo in my AR and I dropped my pistol

DH: WHATS YOUR ARMOR ABILITY?

Recruit: WOAH! Um…I forget, the blue one?

Lt.B: THAT’S ARMOR LOCK! JUST LET GHOST HIT YOU WHILE YOUR USING IT!

Recruit: that sounds dangerous!

Both: just do it ROOKIE!
(The ghost stops and turns toward RCT they stare each other down the ghost charges RCT)

Recruit: ARMOR LO- (bubble shield deploys)

All three: Son of a B-
(ghost nails the recruit and drives way)
(Lt. Brad and Drake run to the motionless recruit)

(from the recruits POV) Lt.B: dammit stay with me rookie, if I’m on corpse pile duty again, I’m going to throw myself into the flames.

---DH: (To CMD J) um.... CMD J we got a problem rookie is down send a warthog and lets move him to the base, crap he’s blacking out hey stay with us HEY ROOK- (fade to black) random fades in and out of consciousness on trip back to base
Fade in at interior base

CMD J: can you fix him Doc?

---Dr. Dallas: I’m a mechanic, I think I can fix him but he might not look right.

CMD J: I don’t care what it takes we never give up on our men

Lt. B: what about all 162 soldiers in the corpse pile?

CMD J: necessary casualties

Dr. D: Men, I’m going to need some time to prepare for surgery, can you get me some space

(a few weeks later)

Elites gather on boneyard (campsite)

Elite 1: It has been many moons since my last kill

Elite 2: My last kill was on a young Spartan his blood still stains my ghost

Elite 1: What was that? (turns around) Behind us brothers!
(fight scene to be planned out)

Recruit has robot arm and armor locks a ghost

Original Skit by Agt Washington edited by NJSP

if you have ideas or changes PM AGT WASHINGTON for approval

Last edited by AgtWashington on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
AgtWashington
AgtWashington

Monkey

PostSubject: Updated   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:16 am

The script has been updated as well as several parts being cast, 1 part is still open
Back to top Go down
NJSP 3002
NJSP 3002

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:23 am

To go with our recruitment video we should have some music and i think this is perfect for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcps2fJKuAI&ob=av2n
Back to top Go down
YoungWings
Honorable Member
Honorable Member
YoungWings

Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:52 pm

Fight Scene idea

(a shot rings out and a elite hits the ground)

Elite 1- What was that?

Elite 2- The Enemy... they are here!

(Random Fighting ensues)

(Main Elite jumps on a ghost)- Come... we will out maneuver them

(2 other Elites board ghosts and are killed by a rocket the moment they start to move)

(Main Elite (Dodging Fire) Speeds towards an exit)

(A lone spartan stands in the way, with a robotic arm(Enter the recruit))

Main Elite- You?!(Picks up speed to hit the recruit)

(Recruit Armorlocks the hell out of the ghost killing the Elite and ending the fight)
Back to top Go down
YoungWings
Honorable Member
Honorable Member
YoungWings

Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:20 pm

Back to top Go down
XSTRICKENXSOULX

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:39 pm

I would like to sign up for this
Back to top Go down
grayforce

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Um...

Voice acting for this movie... I can see as being a little difficult. The script doesn't really tell people how to make their voices. Typing only goes so far and it's up to you to describe to the voice actors exactly how you envision their voice to sound when they record.

For example:
"You?!" - Is this the Elite shouting in an angry tone? Is he saying this in a calm, yet astonished tone right before the two fight? Is he in disbelief? What's going on there?

Examples of how to say this:

If you guys have ever seen the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, watch the third one and go to the part where Jack Sparrow hints to William Turner that Jack hasn't raised an alarm regarding William's escape from the brig. Just before Jack breathes in William's face and William falls off the ship to grab onto a floating dead body, Jack and William discuss how they're going to go about killing Davey Jones. William says, "Who?" then pauses for a moment, turns to Jack and says, "You?!" The exclamation point describes disbelief in this case, and the question mark is showing that he's questioning Jack. But saying "You?!" if it were just text... William very well could have shouted that word without realizing he was supposed to be calm, for the most part.

So when writing scripts, try to think about how it might sound in an actual movie. Obviously movie directors can't sit at home and lecture movie stars about how to say their lines, so the scripts are written to describe how a voice should sound so that actors can practice in their free time. So here's how a script should be written when it comes to dialogue:

EXT. UNSC Anchor 9 Docking Bay

Ships fly around in the background as explosions can be seen from a great distance. This area is without combat... for now.

Fade In:

INT. Covenant Flagship

Fine golden floors pave the walkway towards the communications center of the Covenant Flagship. There are Elites wandering between different stations and discussing war plans with one another as they prepare to launch an attack. Suddenly, an Elite General dressed with an extravagant head dress complimented by his gold armor, began to walk down the corridor towards another Elite staring out a window into space. The other Elites scrambled, trying to stay out of the General's path and trying to work extra hard to avoid being punished. The General would stop behind a Field Marshal wearing a horned headpiece with shiny silver and purple armor. The General, who was recognized by most as being one of the greatest field combatants on board, would not be acknowledged by the Field Marshal... but never the less, the General would speak in a calm, respectful manner.

GOLD GENERAL
Ship Master, we are within range to begin orbital bombardments of their station. We wait for your command...

Tip:
Movie stars (Hollywood / Broadway) have learned to slow down their voices so they are easy to understand for all audiences. If you hire voice actors for your video... make sure they don't record voices like they're trying to talk at the speed of light.

Tip:
Great dialogue is a window into the soul of your character. It sounds real...
It's conversational. The audience feels like a fly on the wall, hearing natural
interplay between characters. Great dialogue may use common language but express
great passion, and even become a catch phrase in popular culture, as the line
from Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry Callahan "Go ahead. Make my
day."

It's not a bad idea to read your dialogue aloud to see how it really sounds.
If you have a difficult time reading a line, it may not be good dialogue. You'll
definitely be able to tell if you organize a reading of your script and hear it
that way (best with professional actors, like they do in Hollywood and on
Broadway).
Back to top Go down
AgtWashington
AgtWashington

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:03 pm

Ok so excuse me if this sounds rude, because for some reason in my head it sounds rude, but who are you? I understand the importance of understanding the characters and the script, and you really sound like u know your stuff, but we are still in the early stages of development and seeing as most of our work on this project is done through Xbox live where we can discuss these sorts of things "in person" an explanation here is not necessarily needed, I appreciate your input here stranger but this is basicly just the bones of what is to become our trial project, sorry if I didn't impress you with my 30 minute script I threw together at 4 in the morning
Back to top Go down
grayforce

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:10 pm

No, I was just trying to help with constructive criticism. If I was trying to be rude, I'd be no better than the Youtube idiots I beat down with logic on a daily basis.

Who I am: Brand new recruit to AoG. I'm mostly just interested in helping with the machinima aspect of the group and I've been talking to NJSP 3002 a few times regarding the machinima deal and such.

That said... I spoke to NJSP 3002 already about my post and the criticism I was offering and he told me (not quoted word for word), "We have a more detailed script, but we just wanted people to know how the video would work".

Also...:
Quote :
sorry if I didn't impress you with my 30 minute script I threw
together at 4 in the morning

Did I say I was aiming to be impressed? I was offering constructive criticism for future attempts at script writing. Take it or leave it as you please, but like you said, you guys are in the early stages of development. It's good to accept criticism at such early stages.

Also... at the risk of getting in trouble for this: Don't tell me what hour you created the script at. Don't write a script at an hour in which your thought pattern is impaired then call it the final draft just so that you can go to sleep. I often see these 'I wrote this script early in the morning' things as an excuse to avoid my attempts to help people with future machinima endeavors.
Back to top Go down
AgtWashington
AgtWashington

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Sorry friend, I know your trying to help, and you've obviously got talent, im looking forward to working with you u sound like u have some great ideas, I just don't respond well to criticism from people I don't know, very well. I'll try to work on that. listen im not going to be on for a few days but when i get back i wana talk to you about this, and don't worry your not in trouble, your a diamond in desert of garbage my friend, even if u did fall out of the sky and give me a concussion
Back to top Go down
grayforce

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:39 pm

Quote :
even if u did fall out of the sky and give me a concussion

My bad!

And take your time, man. I've got all the time in the world to talk about this stuff.
Back to top Go down
AgtWashington
AgtWashington

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:00 am

I'm going to level with you, and everyone else that reads this, even the more detailed version I have I hate, if we weren't in a big rush to just get it.done for the sake of it being done, id like to rework the whole thing but have it around the same theme, so I'll tell you what, if u can come back to me with a reworked script of your own or hell if you can just up with some better jokes for it I would love to see I them on Wednesday or so cuz I've made 3 machinima before 2 20 minutes and a 10, and I cannot stand to watch them because despite them being my creations I hate them because I know all the flaws, and with this im already seeing the faults and it makes me not want to work on it, SO if u have any ideas whether it be about lines characters or formatting please tell me them, also thank you for not being a 12 year old, I've about had it up to here with 12 year olds telling me what to do with this movie
Back to top Go down
grayforce

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:36 am

Alright, here's what I need from you then:

If what has been posted here isn't the entire script for your movie plan, I need the entire script so that I can make up a rewritten version. Some of the voice actors may not be too thrilled about me telling them to make new lines for videos... but much like with making a movie in the real world, sometimes new takes must be done.

In any case, if it helps at all... I'm very much a writer in many aspects. I can certainly try to make something that works for you guys and I'll run it by you before it's finalized. I've worked on a few stories and even tried writing my own tabletop RPG. The longest story I've written was 200 pages long, and that was when I was 16 years old. So yeah, I know a few things about making a good story.

NOTE:

Do NOT try to TL;DR my scripts, because they WILL be detailed. Sorry, but that's how it is.
(Just making that note because I tend to encounter a lot of people on the internet that will TL;DR a script and then not know what we're doing later).
Back to top Go down
AgtWashington
AgtWashington

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:55 pm

What is posted here is all of the lines, my version only includes notes about how it is suppose to look visually so please go to town
Back to top Go down
grayforce

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:34 am

Alright everyone, I'll have the new script done in a few. I'm just going through it and making sure it sounds good while getting some criticism from trusted friends.

That said... there are only two voices required for this video. The first voice is that of the Lieutenant and the other is of the First Sergeant. I'm asking one of my friends (who is a major voice actor) to record a voice for the ending that requires some dramatic acting... and he's good at that, so yeah.

In any case, there are more characters than just the Lieutenant and the First Sergeant. I'm going to post some pictures below showing everyone what the armor specifications are of each character.

NOTE: Inheritors all use Black Visors. If not enough people have the Black Visor, the Inheritors will switch to using the Default Visor.

NOTE: Recruits can be added to the video by means of a guest, but for the battle scene, it's recommended we have a good number of people in the game - not all guests.

Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** Recruit_Armor1-1
Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** Soldier_Armor1
Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** FirstSergeant_Armor1
Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** Lieutenant_Armor1
Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** Inheritor1
Back to top Go down
AgtWashington
AgtWashington

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:11 pm

sounds good man, thanks for doing all this work
Back to top Go down
grayforce

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 7:30 pm

Here's the deal... due to personal reasons, I can't dedicate much time to this anymore or even the group. That said, I'll give you guys what I was working on. I know that this small amount of work wasn't worth the wait, and I'm sorry for the delay, but I just can't manage the time for this anymore.

That said... here's what I was able to produce for you folks. The missing section that I never finished was for the Bone Yard map. The scene was going to require people to start fighting the Inheritors who show up without warning, but the AoG quickly find they are unable to fight the Inheritors alone and they desperately need reinforcements. Someone would get on the radio and start begging for assistance and his calls would land on deaf ears while the AoG recruits / soldiers continue to battle Inheritors. One last call for help would echo out as the video fades and shows signs regarding the AoG recruitment.

So... here's the first part of it. Second part I'll leave up to your imagination. Follow along with what I said above or make something else up that suits the group more.

Again, I apologize. Real life has a way of interfering with my internet hobbies.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BQ9fzoI9dAuPYhS6nwZ0iVWQJT-Yodj1B9VQZoO7-3Y/edit?hl=en_US
Back to top Go down
AgtWashington
AgtWashington

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:19 pm

I completely understand, college is starting soon so alot of people won't be as active anyways, we will put the project on hold for a while
Back to top Go down
axil123
axil123

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:26 am

damn i was looking forward to that... it sounds pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**   Recruitment Skit **UPDATED** Empty

Back to top Go down

Recruitment Skit **UPDATED**
Page 1 of 1